Below are some essays written during my time attending the taught postgraduate course MSc in Intelligent Buildings at Reading University.
Be aware that these answers/discussions are purely from my own interpretations and may not be the best answers.
Module 1 - Concepts, Strategies and Management
Module 2 - Building Systems, Architecture and People
Module 4 - Integrated Building Design 1
Module 5 - Financial Analysis and Investment Appraisal
Module 3 - Information Technology and Communications
Module 6 - Facilities Management
- objectives and business drivers, both perceived and actual.
- practical issues of implementation and how this was carried out.
- analysis of success and failure
2. If you were asked to consider introducing a flexible working approach in your organisation, what would you
do? Prepare a summary paper setting out the issues as you see them. You should take account of the following:
- Business considerations and priorities
- The important stages of implementation
- The physical requirements
- Organisational, cultural, building and technology considerations
- Opportunities and constraints
- Metrics to be used for measurement of your proposed plan to determine degree of success or failure
Module 9 - Sustainable Design, Construction and Operation
Society is ever changing, technology is rapidly changing too. How can sustainability be
incorporated into our civilisation under these conditions?"
Module 7 - Design Management
- identify the interface with other packages
- map the information flows within the package
- map the information flows across the interface boundaries
- identify the responsibilities for the information flows
- critically appraise the package documentation to achieve efficient information flows
across the package boundaries
- propose improvements in the management of the package with either the (a) internal
specialists or, (b) the external contractor/construction management system